A Place of Need
• Tampa Bay Population: 3.1 million
• 55K people moved to Tampa Bay in 2017
• Expecting over 200K people in the next few years
• One of the fastest growing metro areas in the US – top 10 in 2017
• Out of the 51 Major Metro Areas in the US, Tampa Bay is ranking 50/51 in worship attendance
• 35% of people in Tampa Bay metro area would consider themselves religious, where the national average is 49%
A Place for Our Strategy
From day one, the desire to plant a church has come from a burden to reach the nations. Tampa Bay is a major metro area with a global influence and a global reach through business, education, technology, research, healthcare, and more. The metro area of Tampa Bay tends to attract traditionally mobile people such as college students, young professionals, and retirees that can be mobilized for short-term, mid-term, and long-term missions to plant churches in un-engaged and un-reached people groups of the world.
University of South Florida (40K+ students; one of the top universities in Florida)
University of Tampa
Hillsborough Community College
According to Forbes, Tampa is one of the most popular areas in the US for millennials.
Tampa is one of the best places in Florida for millennials to find a job.
The Tampa Bay area is considered one of America’s best places to retire.